Monday 24 January 2011

A Few Shots


This model is currently my thunderwolf cavalry lord. He rocks in at around 260 points and often does half the work of the whole army. Although in the last game only killed a squad of fire warriors! I didn’t put this guy together but really enjoyed painting him. I tried to go for at least two levels of highlighting all over really, to give the proper effect. The only model I’ve swung it on so far is my metal Najal, but it looks awesome. If I don’t take Adeptus Custodes as proxy Grey Knights then I will be taking these guys. Yes I know they are space marines riding wolves, but they are freaking awesome! Plus I justified in selling out a little as I still have my original 3rd Edition Space Wolf Codex, which I have taken to several tournaments over the years.



This lady was painted merely for an exercise in painting. I wanted to see how good I do her and bunch of other Necromunda models. They were done for the highlighting, and to a lesser extent inking. Im quite please with the way the white and blue complement each other in this model, I know shes not based but I don’t really care about that at this point. This bunch of models are often the ones that are on disply on my bookshelf because they are easy to show people and they are quite well painted, some of the best I have!


To finish here is a Grey Knights list. I intend to take them to the Tourney at Warhammer world this year as previously mentioned, so im starting to get my head back into them. This list is really not competitive, just something I threw together whilst watching glee. I don’t overly do mathhammer or anything like that, I just pic what I like and then learn from how badly I get my ass handed to me.

141 – Brother Captain Stern
71 – Inquistor with Force Weapon, Bolt Pistol and Power Armour
120 – Callidus Assassin
224 – Grey Knight Terminators. Brother Captain plus 3 guys, 1 Psycannon.
250 – Grey Knight Squad – Justicar plus 9 men, 1 Psycannon
250 – Grey Knight Squad – Justicar plus 9 men, 1 Psycannon
145 – Dreadnought with Hunter killer, Extra Armour, Autocannon and Missile Launcher.
150 – Dradnought with Hunter killer, Extra Armour, Lasscannon
140 – Dreadnought with Hunter Killer, Extra Armour, Plasma Cannon
1491.

There is a lot wrong with this list. Hunter killer missiles? 27 models and 3 Dreadnoughts? 2 weapons above Strength 7? Taking a pure Grey Kinghts army?
Well, don’t get me wrong, these are all very valid. I just don’t care. I like the idea of a small force just swinging in.

How would I play it? The only way I can. This army does not do well more than 24 inches away. Moving and running in the first turn has got to be standard, and then hit in one area, really, really hard. Half your army is not going to get across the board. But at least with fearless you can be made to run. Just more armour saves.... hmm. The Callidus is awesomesauce. I could be tempted to change it for an Eversor as that is very, very fast and could handle big monsters, but I just love the neural shredder and the sheer “I am going to get in your backfield and be a complete pain in the ass” of the Callidus. Sure, she may be late, she may turn up when everything is dead, but she will always turn up exactly where I want her and ignore all saves.

So thats why I would feild this list. It is not points cost effective, but its fun. And thats why I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment