Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Shunt Punch


So, I confess, that this army list is a vague rip off of a Goatboy idea from Bell of Lost Souls. It is a 1750 Grey Knights list which I wrote on the train. An interesting point for me to make at this juncture is that actually I find I get tunnel vision with an army list. I'm really not into proxying, or trying new things. I like using the same list, week in week out and writing random army lists is a bit weird. I kinda feel like I have to put my money where my mouth is, and really live a list for a couple of months!

Shunt Punch – Mount Up!
Grand Master with Force Halberd 180

Terminators (5) with 4 Force Halberds and a Deamonhammer 200

Strike Squad (10) with 2 Psycannons, 2 Deamonhammers 240

Storm Raven with Multimelta and Lasscannon 205

Storm Raven with Multimelta and Lasscannon 205

Dreadnight with Personal Teleporter 205

Dreadnight with Personal Teleporter 205

Dreadnought with Heavy Flamer, Assault Cannon and Psybolt Ammunition. 140

Vindicare Assassin 145

1750

So the basic plan with this list is a complete alpha strike. You can guarantee that one of the Dreadnights will get Scout, and you have a 66% chance that they both will. With this army you really, really want to be going first. Its not essential, or a catch all (against DOA I would reserve) but you basically get both of your Dreadnights in combat top of turn 1 if you go first. They then become a massive pain, with the rest of your army (all mounted in the two storm ravens) follow in with the second wave, ensuring that you really push one flank over by start of turn 3.

The one exception to this is the Vindicare. He infiltrates in a sexy position and starts popping power fists, Lasscannons, pack leaders and sangquinary priests. If he is being shot, excellent! He is pretty much not important to the plan, more of a wild card. Guns aimed at him means guns not aimed at shiny grey stuff. Guns not aimed at him means he gets to keep plugging away.

In summary, w00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment