Wednesday 29 August 2012

Giving in to the thoughts in my head.

So recently I've been thinking about what has is good value for points that I know of. Saint Celestine is one good example of this. I therefore propose to take her. Here is a list I have spent this evening thinking about (although its been in my head for weeks)

Nuns With Guns

Saint Celestine 115 points

Battle Sister Squad x10, 1 Meltagun 135 points

Battle Sister Squadx10, 1 Meltagun 135 points

Company Command Squad, Kell, Autocannon, Plasma Gun, 160 points

Platoon Command Squad, Autocannon, Plasma Gun, 55 Points

Squad A Lascannon, Plasma Gun, 85 Points

Squad B Lascannon, Plasma Gun, 85 Points

Squad C Lascannon, Plasma Gun, 85 Points

Squad D Autocannon, Plasma Gun, 75 Points

Mortar Team 60 Points

Autocannon Team 75 Points (freaking cheap!)

Lascannon Team 105 Points

Storm Troopers x8, Double Plasma Guns, Plasma Pistol, 168

Manticore 160

So this is the list I will be maybe trying out to see how saint Celestine works. Thou its a lot of proxy, and I feel bad. I may just stick to my normal list until I have least bought all the guard bits! But I think it has a lot of potential. You basically shove Celestine down their flank/throat, and then if they don’t shoot her she gets to hit something. If they do, then the rest of your army (including a shiny new manticore! – may have to get me one of these) blow the living hell out of them.

Not even a little subtle, and it may not work long run, but I have 2 meltaguns, 9 plasma weapons, 6 Lasscannons, 6 Autocannons, and 89 models 80 of which score. Even Dan might not table that (although I'm not certain).

No comments:

Post a Comment