Saturday 14 May 2016

Double trouble challenge

I've been thinking a lot recently about what to take for double trouble (more on that in a future post) and I wanted to throw down the gauntlet regarding models. 
 
This is supposed to be a fun tourney and having been interviewed for the better know a blogger series I decided I wanted to get back to my roots. So, I will be taking to double trouble the first models I ever put together and painted. The challenge is, are you?
 
 You might ask yourself, why should I? I'd say because in some ways, these models are like a tangible equivalent to baby photos or photos of you when you were a kid. For me, I've developed into a reasonably good hobbyist and wargamer. But more than that, I've developed as a person, and wargames have helped me to do that. Coupled with my faith, both environments have helped me develop and come out of my shell. Both have been safe places for me to learn who I am. A bit gushing I know, but totally true. The friends I've made through this hobby are real friends who value me for who I am.
 
That's why I'm going to be taking these models to double trouble. I'll be rocking the classic "I glued these boltguns on the wrong way round" look, with an added extra of airfix paint. I may even use one as my librarian on a bike!  My challenge to anybody coming is to do the same!


5 comments:

  1. That bike is glorious! Not for the first time, I find myself lamenting the distance between Australia and the rest of the world. I hope you have a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah it's a bit of s long way to travel for that! I'm looking forwards to using him, very nostalgic!

      Delete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there's an interesting idea! I repainted my first ever army a few years back and haven't done much with them in ages. Perhaps DT needs more Squats in its life?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a lot of first painted models, I do however have this 'assault' unit that I could run in their Rhino: http://www.40kaddict.uk/2010/11/dark-angels-genesis-vol-1.html

    I could also run my repainted Devastators, but I guess that doesn't count but they did used to look like this: http://www.40kaddict.uk/2010/11/dark-angels-genesis-vol-2.html although I suppose Brother Chaplain Infernus could be included...

    What with the Dark Talon looking unlikely maybe this could fill the gap?

    ReplyDelete